Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 6: Hot Strawberry "Cocoa"

Those who know me or follow our blog know that I'm obsessed with strawberries. So I'm sure no-one is surprised we have a couple of strawberry treats on the countdown:-) I saw this recipes on Pinterest (Babble-Family Kitchen) and Kyle made it for me. It's basically a hot milkshake but thinned out like Hot Chocolate. We rimmed the mugs with chocolate, added whip cream and chocolate sprinkles and found ourselves in love with this new dessert drink on a cold winter's night.

Recipe:
4 Tbl Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1 Pint strawberry ice cream
4 C water
Whipped cream
1 C mini chocolate chips


Pour the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and 5 seconds at a time melt the chocolate chips and stir.

Once the chocolate is melted, dip the rims of you mugs into the chocolate.


In a medium pot, whisk the butter, sugar and ice cream together. Whisk in the water one cup at a time. You can add more water if the mixture is too sweet or less water if not sweet enough. It's really up to your tastebuds.

Heat just until steaming.

Add to your chocolate-rimmed mugs and add whipped cream. Serve. I found this sweet treat very yummy. My favorite ice cream warming me up on a cold night? Perfect!!


Enjoy!

0 comments: